Thursday, November 10, 2011

Beautiful Forgiveness

Forgiveness is difficult. Not only because it's hard to let go of the anger and bitterness, but because it's not a single event--it's a process. I thought that I could simply fogive someone for having done something to me and move on, but forgiveness is much bigger than that. I cant just say in my heart that I fogive someone, but I have to let go of all anger and give it to God. Slowly God has given me not only the words of forgiveness but a heart of forgiveness.
It's crazy that I have been fogiven and am forgiven each day from the sin, the mistakes, and the dirt in my life by a perfect God, but then I can't find it in my heart to forgive someone else. Mark 11:25 says, "And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in Heaven may forgive you your sins." God wants me to love people that hurt me and forgive people who have done me wrong, so that He may extend His love and kindness by forgiving me from the sin I've committed against Him.
So yes, I forgive. I forgive you for the deceit, the hurt, the impulsive decision to throw it all away, and the silence. I forgie you. Today, God gave me the chance to say those words in person, and I truly meant them from my heart. I see that God uses events (even painful events) to teach me and mold me into the woman I am and will become.
"Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were." -Cherie Carter-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment